Position: Editor (Freelance and Remote)
What you will do
As part of our Editing Team, you will
- Copyedit and proofread a huge variety of documents, including essays, dissertations, résumés, brochures, website content, newsletters, novels, screenplays, short stories, poetry, and more for a global clientele.
- Improve the clarity, flow, consistency, and sentence structure of the writing.
- Ensure the documents are free of all English language errors, including flaws in grammar, syntax, word choice, punctuation, spelling, and so on.
- Give writers critical feedback and suggestions on the documents’ content and organization.
- Prepare full-length manuscripts for typesetting.
- Work with some great contemporary authors from across the globe and help budding authors realize their writing dream.
- Gain knowledge about incredibly diverse fields and build on your English language expertise.
What we’re looking for
To work on our Editing Team, you will need
- Excellent linguistic skills, with in-depth knowledge of English grammar and a keen eye for detail—Grammar Nazis, your time has come!
- Strong communication skills and a keen sensitivity to the writer’s intended message.
- Good research skills, with a high level of curiosity and general awareness.
- Strong time management skills and an ability to juggle demanding tasks on tight deadlines.
- Preferably, a B.A., M.A., or M.Phil. degree in English or a closely related field.
Earn based on your performance!
- Grade A editors (Advanced level): Earn up to USD 600 (INR 45,000) per month.
- Grade B editors (Intermediate level): Earn up to USD 450 (INR 35,000) per month.
- Grade C editors (Beginner level): Earn up to USD 350 (INR 25,000) per month.