White Labeling for Editing and Proofreading: Leave it to the Experts!
What is white labeling?
White labeling is when a service (or a product) removes their brand or logo from the end product and instead uses their own branding. Take, for example, one day you go to the grocery store and notice a whole section of products that are sold under the store’s brand name. This does not mean that all the products are produced by the store. They simply have a whole assortment of companies that already provide these products, and the store simply repackages them with its own brand name. White label editing and proofreading differs greatly from than white labeling a product for a store. It is when your company purchases an editing company’s services and presents them to the customer under your brand name.
How does it work?
The editing company develops a product for your business, for instance, a white label editing platform that’s tailored to suit your brand. Accordingly, you have to decorate the product to match your company’s identity. A model like this means a lot for new editing services that haven’t grown their own competitive brand names yet, but already produce the same quality products or services. For other editing services, white labeling helps to focus solely on developing a product instead of investing resources in marketing and promotion. Here, it refers to a fully supported product (edited documents) that is made by one company but sold by another.
White labelling: Leave it to the Experts!
How does white labelling work in the editing and proofreading industry? PaperTrue worked with an educational consultancy, based in Chengdu, China. They are a B2C, which means that they get documents from their clients for which they require our editing services. They send their documents to us when they require polishing of style and presentation.
Editing and proofreading services, like PaperTrue’s, offer white labelling services to new companies who are looking to cement their reputation in the editing industry. This is advantageous for companies who have specific needs, for example, this educational consultancy needed native English speakers, more precisely ‘native UK English speakers’. A lot of times, editing services do not have an in-house native English editor or an editor who meets all the specifications that the client requires.
Why do editing services need it?
1. It boosts the visibility of your brand. If your editing service requires you to offer multiple services, for example, editing, proofreading, formatting and typesetting, and if you have multiple sets of target audiences, white labeling all the services you offer is a good way to proliferate your brand name and increase the public’s awareness of your brand.
2. Strengthens the loyalty of clients. The third party services that you are white-labeling are dependable and satisfactory, and if they are not, well you should have come to PaperTrue! Every time your client requires a document to be edited and proofread by you and they get an above-average product, they associate it with good quality, hence increasing their loyalty towards your company.
3. Allows you to avail the services of expert editors. If third-party editors have the expertise and experience to edit the document better, there’s nothing like it! At PaperTrue, our expert editors have experience working in a variety of domains and are well-versed with the nitty gritty’s of the editing and proofreading process.
4. White labeling saves you time and money. Creating your own product from scratch is a good idea, but when you are a new company that is struggling to establish itself, it needs to be flawlessly done. This is where white labeling comes in handy.
5. Gives you the luxury of choice. White labeling opens up an array of service options for your editing and proofreading company.
6. White labeling takes the pressure off. If something goes wrong with a product or a client complains, most third-party tools will take responsibility and work on a fix or update for the service or refund the cost of the product. It’s up to you to choose a quality product from a third-party that offers dependable support, but once you do you can sit back and enjoy offering your clients a great tool while someone else does the troubleshooting.
White labeling allows you to stand on the shoulders of talented editors, provide your clients with flawlessly edited documents, all under the name of your own brand. At PaperTrue, with experienced and expert editors, we think that white labeling is the way to go for new businesses and editing services. To know more about the kind of work we do, visit our website!
4.5 out of 5 on Google reviews and 4.6 out of 5 on Reviews.co.uk.
I was happy to receive both a tracked and a clean version of the edited document.
I will happily recommend PaperTrue to my friends, and I will myself come back on a later occasion.
Amazing service and a welcoming chat on the website! I love the detailed comments and feedback on the tracked document :) They really did a good job at making my debut novel a lot better while still keeping my style of writing!
Much love from Denmark <3